LNO Inc Certified by Center for Veterans Enterprise
January 12, 2010
- The Department of Veterans Affairs and Center for Veterans Enterprise has officially certified LNO Inc as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
Excerpt from Veteran-Owned and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses Public Law (P.L.) 109-461:
A. The Verification Program :
The Department of Veterans Affairs has unique buying authority (P.L. 109-461) that enables our personnel to set-aside requirements for Veteran-owned small businesses. This legislation also provides VA teams with more latitude in non-competitive contracting. VA’s large prime contractors are required to use businesses that have been officially verified for ownership and control.
Procurement provisions contained in Section 8127 of Title 38, U.S.Code, as amended by Public Law 109-461, provide Veteran-owned and service-disabled Veteran-owned small businesses (VOSBs and SDVOSBs) an option when registered and certified..
There are many benefits to having our business verified as a SDVOSB.
As a verified SDVOSB, we have the opportunity to compete for VA contracts under the “Veterans First Contracting Program”, as listed below:
B. Benefits of “Veterans First Contracting Program”
1. Redefines priorities for contracting preferences within VA, placing SDVOSBs and VOSBs first and second, respectively, in satisfying VA’s acquisition requirements.
2. Allows sole source contracts over the Simplified Acquisition Threshold up to $5,000,000 (including options).
3. Implements restricted competition via Set-Aside Procedures for each category of SDVOSBs and VOSBs.
4. Allows additional credit evaluation factors for SDVOSB or VOSB status.
5. Authorizes large VA prime contractors to obtain subcontracting credit for SDVOSBs and VOSBs only when they subcontract with verified firms.
To be eligible to participate in requirements conducted under the authority of Public Law 109-461, businesses must be verified.
C. VA reserves the right to conduct examination visits of businesses participating in the Verification Program. Misrepresentation of status shall initiate debarment action by VA officials.
Verified businesses will be annotated in the database and will receive the rights to display the Verified logo in their marketing materials.